The World Health Assembly recently adopted a global target for all countries to renew their efforts to halt the rise of obesity in children under 5 by 2025.
The Commission’s recommendations to address childhood obesity cover six areas:
- promotion of intake of healthy foods;
- promotion of physical activity;
- preconception and pregnancy care;
- early childhood diet and physical activity;
- health, nutrition and physical activity for school-age children;
- weight management.
To read the report and other publications on childhood obesity on the euro.who.int website.