The latest session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe has considered the Strategy on women’s health and well-being in the WHO European Region and produced a report “Women’s health and well-being in Europe: beyond the mortality advantage”.
To provide background to the Strategy, the new report:
- presents a snapshot of women’s health in the Region;
- discusses the social, economic and environmental factors that determine women’s health and well-being;
- focuses on the impact of gender-based discrimination and gender stereotypes;
- considers how people-centred health systems could respond to women’s needs; and
- outlines important perspectives for the international and national frameworks that govern women’s health and well-being in Europe.
Download the full report on Women’s health and wellbeing in Europe from the euro.who.int website