The European Commission selected 11 initiatives as candidates for the 2018 EU Health Award for NGOs, which aims to reward Non-Governmental Organisations that have contributed to a higher level of public health in the EU by working on preventing tobacco use.
The selected candidates, in alphabetical order by NGO, are:
- Unfairtobacco by Berlin Working Group Environment and Development “BLUE 21”
- Teens understanding and taking control health (TUTCH) by The Choice foundation
- Education Against Tobacco by Education Against Tobacco / Aufklärung gegen Tabak e.V.
- The Breath race “la route du Rhum 2018 by L’Espace du Souffle
- SmokeFreeGreece by the Hellenic Cancer Society
- Approaches to enhance smoking cessation in Hungary through guideline formulation and targeted training for healthcare professionals by the Hungarian Respiratory Society
- VIVID – Institute for the Prevention of Addiction by VIVID – Institute for the Prevention of Addiction.
- Be Smart – Don’t Start by Institut für Therapie- und Gesundheitsforschung
- X-HALE Youth Smoking Prevention Programme by the Irish Cancer Society
- Reducing the Consumption of Tobacco, Related Products and Alcohol among the Inhabitants of the Republic of Slovenia by the Slovenian Coalition for Public Health, Environment and Tobacco Control (SCTC)
- Youth Organisation No Excuse Slovenia by Youth Network No Excuse Slovenia
For more information about their activities, go to: EU Health Award for NGOs