You are not alone… advice and support is available
For people living with Dementia there are many every day challenges. Coronavirus is adding to these challenges and causing additional worry, however there is advice and support available to help you. Below are links from trusted organisations and websites to support you during COVID-19.
Information for Dementia patients and carers
Alzheimer Europe: Resources have been broken down into the following categories and pages will be updated on a regular basis.
- Information for people with dementia
- Advice for caregivers and family members
- Information for minority ethnic groups
- COVID-19 and intellectual disabilities
- Mental health resources
- COVID-19 in numbers: epidemiology
- Global resources
- EU resources
- National country resources
- General, scientific and ethical resources
Alzheimer’s Society: Coronavirus information for people affected by Dementia.
Tips for care givers
Alzheimer’s Association: Coronavirus (COVID-19): Tips for Dementia Caregivers.
Managing the COVID pandemic in care homes
British Geriatrics Society: Multidisciplinary geriatricians offering expertise in the healthcare needs for older people.
Virtual support for people living with Dementia and their families
Information for people affected by dementia
Alzheimer’s Society UK: Offer advice and practical tips for addressing the anxiety, loneliness and challenges of daily living during the coronavirus pandemic.
Sharing experiences with healthcare providers
Alzheimer’s Disease International: A perspective from China on addressing challenges of Dementia care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
About the CASCADE project
The CASCADE project involves 10 partners across Europe, working to provide care for people living with Dementia and the elderly in an innovative way that keeps people living in their own homes for longer and connected with their local communities.
- The Health and Europe Centre
- East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust
- Medway Community Healthcare
- Canterbury Christ Church University
- Emmaus Elderly Care
- Flemish Expertise Centre on Dementia
- Residential Care Holy Hart
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- University of Lille