The Royal College of Nursing, Policy and International Department has produced a policy briefing paper comparing international systems for nurse revalidation.
The department looked at the situation in Australia, Canada, Ireland, Italy and Slovakia and this paper includes an easy-to-read table of comparisons as well as suggestions for improving the revalidation process in the UK.
To read the briefing paper, click here on http://cts.vrest.com
2009 – 2010 This project focused on establishing a cross border Association of Public Health and Social Medicine with colleagues in Kent and Medway and the Somme in France. The cross border Association shared and compared ways of addressing health threats/ challenges, perceptions, community practices and responses to specific health issues – especially in the prevention of long term illnesses and in areas of social exclusion – in children and adults and will also enhance the professional development of participants.
To establish a cross border Association of Public Health and Social Medicine:
- To improve our mutual understanding of approaches to health, healthcare and the prevention of ill health in the cross border region.
- To exchange ideas and experiences with a focus on health inequalities and social exclusion
- Develop terms of reference for the Association
- Map areas of common practice
- Identify areas of good practice
- Explore innovations in practice using common public health data
- Develop shared practice in enhancing the public health roles of clinical and other professionals, for example, pharmacists
- Explore and compare policies.
Here are some of the services we currently provide…
If you would like to know more, or think you may want something a little different, please get in touch. We pride ourselves on being able to offer every customer a service that is tailor-made for them…
- Opportunities for learning and sharing good practice across Europe through workshops, conferences, study tours and exchanges
- Practical examples of different ways of working in other countries
- Promotion of local health and social care providers to key decision-makers and institutions in the European Union
- Advice and support to develop, implement and manage EU-funded projects
- Regular briefing papers on specific health and social care topics
- Advice on EU policy developments
- Workforce development through deployment to EU countries and involvement in EU learning programmes